For many household cleaning products, particularly those containing bleach, there are chemicals that can be an irritant, corrosive or even toxic when on your skin or inhaled. In these situations precautions are necessary but you don’t usually need full PPE.
We’ve compiled some advice for you from the WHO website to serve as a reminder about the best way to safely and effectively use these products, and thereby reduce any associated risk:
The disinfectant and its concentration should be carefully selected to avoid damaging surfaces and to avoid or minimise toxic effects on users of that space. Here's what you can do to protect yourself and those around you:
As an added note there is a reminder that frequent handwashing and avoiding touching surfaces are also effective prevention methods for any potential transmission associated with surface contamination.
We would also like to take that a step further and highlight CCL’s products containing hypochlorous acid. These are a non-toxic alternative to bleach based disinfectants, using only natural ingredients that are kind to the skin, and therefore reducing many of the risks normally associated with disinfectant products. Nevertheless, our products remain intensely powerful and efficient at killing pathogens.
Comments will be approved before showing up.